Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 11:31:55 am

Author Topic: Biz essays  (Read 3350 times)  Share 

Nialllovespie

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Biz essays
« on: January 02, 2017, 10:03:47 pm »
Hey

Is there a list of business studies essay questions for the Human Resource topic? I know for economics that someone had compiled a list of essay questions for each topic and I was wondering if there's something similar for business studies...if not, does anyone know an essay question or a few for the topic Human Resources?

Thanks heaps in advance :)

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
Re: Biz essays
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 12:40:42 am »
+1
Hey

Is there a list of business studies essay questions for the Human Resource topic? I know for economics that someone had compiled a list of essay questions for each topic and I was wondering if there's something similar for business studies...if not, does anyone know an essay question or a few for the topic Human Resources?

Thanks heaps in advance :)

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply; I was bogged down in applications  :( :(
To gain some inspiration over what questions could be asked, let's look firstly at past HSC questions for the HR topic: (note that it is very unlikely that this exact question will be used again in the HSC)

2016: Question 28 (20 marks)
Evaluate the response of human resource management to legal and ethical influences.
2014: Question 26 (20 marks)
Analyse both the causes of workplace disputes and the strategies used to resolve them.
2013: Question 28 (20 marks)
Assess strategies that management may use to respond to key influences on human resources.
2011: Question 28 (20 marks)
Analyse the use of management skills when managing global employment relations.

If you look closely, you may realise that these sound very familiar to the learn to dot points and the objective/outcomes. For more potential questions, try looking at the syllabus for Human Resources and see which dot points could become the basis for an essay question (pay close attention to what the directive verb is!! e.g. explain, discuss, analyse). Remember, the purpose of the learn to is that you should learn to do what the dot point says and nothing more. Questions may be more specific within the given dot point but not broader as the syllabus does not ask you to be able to.

E.g: H2   evaluates management strategies in response to changes in internal and external influences - is a popular essay question as it can be modified to specifically include strategies (like recruitment, performance management), or place it in different contexts (i.e. international expansion, competition etc.)
Learn to dot point - analyse the causes of two workplace disputes and the strategies used to resolve them - can also be a potential question as it necessitates you to use a case study in order to answer the question.

Be sure that you can answer all learn to dot points as well as satisfy all the outcomes through an essay!! Hope this gives you some inspiration; I can make a more concrete list and compilation of various trial paper questions if you like; just let me know!  ;D ;D
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Biz essays
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:47:39 am »
Isaac is actually my hero  8)