Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:48:01 am

Author Topic: Panicking over my last performance evaluation sac  (Read 2259 times)  Share 

tanvikumar

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Suzanne Cory High School
Panicking over my last performance evaluation sac
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:36:50 pm »
So, Id consider myself as one of the stronger accounting students in the cohort and overall ive been averaging an A+ this year and im ranked either 3rd or 4th but then this sac happened... I got a 79%. I dont know any averages or anything but I was wondering if i can still get a good study score. I was aiming for 45 scaled but now that seems really really out of reach :(((((. any advice would be great! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

The Usual Student

• Forum Leader
  • Wisdom begins in wonder
  • Respect: +24
Re: Panicking over my last performance evaluation sac
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:09:59 pm »
+1
So, Id consider myself as one of the stronger accounting students in the cohort and overall ive been averaging an A+ this year and im ranked either 3rd or 4th but then this sac happened... I got a 79%. I dont know any averages or anything but I was wondering if i can still get a good study score. I was aiming for 45 scaled but now that seems really really out of reach :(((((. any advice would be great! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

trust me when i say this, your exam is everything. I messed up a few sacs and I am in a decent cohort. I pretty much lost rank 1 and slowly started to sink. But dw, smashing your exam will ensure you get above 45. All you need to do is a get a solid ranking and then aim for a very high A+ on the exam or at least a high A+. Considering you are usually getting A+s, you should be able to get yourself into that position with a but of work and you will probs end up with a 45+ :)

Swagadaktal

• SwagLordOfAN
  • Forum Leader
  • djkhaled305 is the key to success
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »
+1
Hey! You absolutely can!

The thing you need to understand is that sac scores correlate to a certain study score - THEY DO NOT CAUSE them (to a large degree)
You've been acing it throughout the year so logically speaking your sac scores shouldn't be an issue at all - it's all about how you perform on the exam.

So yeah, any study score is achievable, you shouldn't be restrained by your sac scores. It could possibly influence your chance of getting a 50 raw but other than that it should be within your grasp.

Gl for the exam! :D
Fuck you english your eyebrows aren't even good
Why walk when you can stand on the shoulders of giants?

tanvikumar

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:41:26 pm »
trust me when i say this, your exam is everything. I messed up a few sacs and I am in a decent cohort. I pretty much lost rank 1 and slowly started to sink. But dw, smashing your exam will ensure you get above 45. All you need to do is a get a solid ranking and then aim for a very high A+ on the exam or at least a high A+. Considering you are usually getting A+s, you should be able to get yourself into that position with a but of work and you will probs end up with a 45+ :)

Thank you for that. Could you tell me how many practice exams approx I should be aiming for?

tanvikumar

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 09:43:03 pm »
Hey! You absolutely can!

The thing you need to understand is that sac scores correlate to a certain study score - THEY DO NOT CAUSE them (to a large degree)
You've been acing it throughout the year so logically speaking your sac scores shouldn't be an issue at all - it's all about how you perform on the exam.

So yeah, any study score is achievable, you shouldn't be restrained by your sac scores. It could possibly influence your chance of getting a 50 raw but other than that it should be within your grasp.

Gl for the exam! :D

Cheers Zein ( awk af if youre not zein but thank you anyway)   ;) good luck to you for exams too, hope you get into med :)

The Usual Student

• Forum Leader
  • Wisdom begins in wonder
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:25:26 pm »
+1
Thank you for that. Could you tell me how many practice exams approx I should be aiming for?

year 11? or 12?
If your yr 11.... just smash out as many as possible. I have friends who did 70+ but you can argue that is excessive. For accounting, I reckon more the merrier. It is a subject that rewards practice, you don't really hit an asymptote in performance like you would for other subjects, after every practice exam you can a lot better.

If your yr 12 then aim for maybe 30? Idk, depends on your priorities.

tanvikumar

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 11:43:43 pm »
year 11? or 12?
If your yr 11.... just smash out as many as possible. I have friends who did 70+ but you can argue that is excessive. For accounting, I reckon more the merrier. It is a subject that rewards practice, you don't really hit an asymptote in performance like you would for other subjects, after every practice exam you can a lot better.

If your yr 12 then aim for maybe 30? Idk, depends on your priorities.

I'm in year 12, ill try smash out 30! thank you :)