Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:58:50 am

Author Topic: Stanford?  (Read 4652 times)  Share 

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
Re: Stanford?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 08:45:31 pm »
I want to go overseas for uni for a postgrad course (with a scholarship or else I would never be able to afford it). I was thinking more Oxford though (as a dream), I've been there and its a really lovely town. Plus, living in England means that you could duck over to Europe for a weekend with relative ease.

bebobebo

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 11:24:57 pm »
how does one go about getting into a university overseas. would the enter score not be rendered entirely useless? If ib can convert scores unfairly into enters, why not the reverse? surely that will open up more doors.

BA22

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 12:52:23 am »
ENTER scores will be accepted overseas, i know that most UK universities have a conversion system for ENTER to A-levels. Dependent on the course, some unis in the US wil prefer to do a year in a general degree over there before persuing your chosen course.

BA22

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 02:52:17 am »
The British Council  interpretation of Australian Senior Certificate grades shows that a score of 95.5 in UAE/TER/INTER or 4 in the OP equates to ABB at A-level. 

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/international/recruit/countryaz/a/australia.html

I'm keen to do some postgrad work in the UK as well, i have a dual citizenship Australia/UK so working there would only require registration with the relevant medical regulatory body