Uni Stuff > General University Discussion and Queries

First Year Camps...Worth it???

(1/2) > >>

derner1:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone knows of or has been to first year camps. I have the chance to attend the commerce first year camp at monash or the law one, but probably leading towards the law one.

They don't tell you much about the camps, but I just want to ask is it worth it? I have heard from some people the law camp is fun, but then others have said it is just a massive drunk fest and not very worthwhile...

Keen for other opinions/experiences of others

Thanks so much!  :)

Orb:
It is a drunk fest... but that doesn't mean it can't be fun :P

Personally I thought it's something you need to experience once in your life (but I probably won't be going back again!)

Coffee:
It's definitely a drunk fest. A friend went to a Host Scheme camp and there was quite a lot of drinking. Supposedly the faculty camps are much worse. If that's not your thing and you're not going with people similar to you, I wouldn't recommend it.

It's definitely not my thing so I didn't go. If it appeals though, give it a go! :)

Sine:
biomed cAMP - unlimited drinks ahaha

Although I don't drink  :P

derner1:

--- Quote from: Orb on February 16, 2017, 03:13:26 pm ---It is a drunk fest... but that doesn't mean it can't be fun :P

Personally I thought it's something you need to experience once in your life (but I probably won't be going back again!)

--- End quote ---

Hahaha yeah I'm all good with drinking. What if you don't know anyone that is going? Should you go with at least one friend? Or do most people on the camp not know anyone?

--- Quote from: Coffee on February 16, 2017, 04:45:42 pm ---It's definitely a drunk fest. A friend went to a Host Scheme camp and there was quite a lot of drinking. Supposedly the faculty camps are much worse. If that's not your thing and you're not going with people similar to you, I wouldn't recommend it.

It's definitely not my thing so I didn't go. If it appeals though, give it a go! :)

--- End quote ---

Because you didn't go, did you find that at the start of the semester in lectures etc there were already established friend groups? And also would you be going with at least one friend? If I go, I won't know anyone... :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version