Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:35:51 pm

Author Topic: Subject selection  (Read 1184 times)

DrogbaM8

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: St Kevin's
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Subject selection
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:54:36 pm »
I did a post earlier querying what subjects I should chose for next year (11). I do not feel I went into enough depth explaining my scenario for it to be worthwhile to anyone. I am definitely doing English, Methods, Business management (3/4) and economics. I have two spare spots and would really like to do legal studies, politics and psychology.

Obviously this is impossible so based on your experiences with them what are the pros and cons of the 3 subjects and hypothetically what would you do in my situation?

Responses are greatly appreciated

Kindergarten

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: High
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Subject selection
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 03:39:41 pm »
I did a post earlier querying what subjects I should chose for next year (11). I do not feel I went into enough depth explaining my scenario for it to be worthwhile to anyone. I am definitely doing English, Methods, Business management (3/4) and economics. I have two spare spots and would really like to do legal studies, politics and psychology.

Obviously this is impossible so based on your experiences with them what are the pros and cons of the 3 subjects and hypothetically what would you do in my situation?

Responses are greatly appreciated

politics 1/2 is a introduction to Australian politics 3/4 and global politics 3/4. The content in year 12 is pretty much the same just expanding on unit 1 if you do auspol or unit 2 if you do global.
Personally I find it to be the most enjoyable subject i do by far. It's a lot more discussion based and reliant on critical thinking than other subjects. it also is great if you are good at bullshitting in plenty of questions as long as you have a understanding of the concept you should be able to get full marks as long as you justify your answer.
At the least it's nice to have a understanding about the world and a excuse to keep up with the news!

I don't do psych or legal so i can't help you there.
and you shouldn't pick based on scaling but if you need a tie breaker global scale +3 while psyc and legal scale -2
2015: Software Development | Business Management
2016: English language | Informatics | Global Politics| Economics | Legal

DeezNuts

• Trendsetter
  • 'where must we go, we who wander the wasteland'
  • Respect: +6
  • School: Tha Streetz
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: Subject selection
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »
Legal is quite dry in terms of content, whereas psych is more interesting and applicable for day to day use-well for me anyway

both are relatively easy to pick up if you haven't done the 1/2 for them

Can't speak for politics tho
Literature (47) ~ Psych (43) ~ Bio (42)
Tutoring available, just PM me if interested :)
[Limited spots remaining]

'We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.'