Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:26:25 pm

Author Topic: Physiotherapy at USYD or WSU or ACU?  (Read 4199 times)  Share 

Rathin

• Trendsetter
  • Arthur Phillip High School
  • Respect: +9
Physiotherapy at USYD or WSU or ACU?
« on: January 06, 2017, 12:24:58 pm »
What uni is better in terms of education, job opportunities and facilities for physio?
2017 HSC
4u | 3u | Physics | Biology | Adv Eng | PDHPE

Rathin

• Trendsetter
Re: Physiotherapy at USYD or WSU or ACU?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 01:47:13 pm »
bump
2017 HSC

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 02:43:27 pm »
What uni is better in terms of education, job opportunities and facilities for physio?

In terms of job opportunities, those three universities will be equal! The qualification gets you the job, where you got it is nothing compared to your previous experience and other employable qualities :)

I don't know much about facilities for physiotherapy, but a good indicator (not the best, but still) of facilities and quality of education is the ranking of that institutions health science faculty. USYD ranks 20th in the world, whereas neither ACU or WSU make the list at all.

Remember, the rank definitely doesn't give a full picture. Additionally, the ranking is based on every health science course that institution offers considered together. ACU might have an awesome physiotherapy course, but it might not get them up in the rankings by itself.

You should try and do some research of the program outlines for your different institutions; see how they differ in terms of what you are taught, and particularly, how much practical/industry experience you are given. Practical experience is a big thing to look for.

On a personal note, I have a friend who is doing physiotherapy at ACU and they think its awesome :)

Rathin

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 03:48:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply Jamon! I am actually aiming for usyd physio and I actually have no idea why. Partially because I think I will get into WSU and ACU physio easily so as a challenge I am aiming for usyd as its quite competitive to get in. It also gives me a reason to work hard in the hsc as I am aiming for something that is not easy to get. However I have realised I should not base my preferences on this. 
2017 HSC

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 04:33:52 pm »
Thanks for the reply Jamon! I am actually aiming for usyd physio and I actually have no idea why. Partially because I think I will get into WSU and ACU physio easily so as a challenge I am aiming for usyd as its quite competitive to get in. It also gives me a reason to work hard in the hsc as I am aiming for something that is not easy to get. However I have realised I should not base my preferences on this.

It's always okay to have a goal! But yeah, don't pick something purely because it is tough to do; there has to be a level of personal passion too. You have to like the campus, for example ;D this article could be worth a read too!

westernsydneyu

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 03:58:12 pm »
+2
Hi Rathin,

It's great to hear you're considering to study with us! To find more information on the Bachelor of Physiotherapy including career opportunities and the hands on practical experience involved, please visit: https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/future/future_students_home/ug/health_sci_nursing_sport/physiotherapy. If you're still undecided, I highly recommend speaking to Professor Lucy Chipchase (E: [email protected]/P:4620 3758), she will be able to provide you with a great insight into the course and more career opportunities information. Also, our friendly Course Information Team can help with any questions you have left unanswered, they can be reached at 1300 897 669 or [email protected].

Wishing you all the best with your future studies!
Western.