Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:47:48 am

Author Topic: Chemistry Extended Response Questions  (Read 3049 times)  Share 

mollyparker

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Redlands
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Chemistry Extended Response Questions
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:15:13 pm »
Hi i am just preparing some general extended response answers and was a bit stuck on the ethanol one. What would i need to include? Can you give me a general extended response plan or full response to an ethanol question? Or provide me with an example general ethanol question.

Also apart from Biopolymers, Ethanol, Batteries, Radio-isoptoes, Ozone and Water Quality are there any other extended responses i should be preparing for?

Thanks so much

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Chemistry Extended Response Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 09:20:33 pm »
Hi i am just preparing some general extended response answers and was a bit stuck on the ethanol one. What would i need to include? Can you give me a general extended response plan or full response to an ethanol question? Or provide me with an example general ethanol question.

Also apart from Biopolymers, Ethanol, Batteries, Radio-isoptoes, Ozone and Water Quality are there any other extended responses i should be preparing for?

Thanks so much
Every extended response is different, because the question is different.

My plan would be different for every single type of extended response given.

The 7 markers on ethanol are usually something along the lines of assess the potentials of ethanol as a fuel resource. Which is easy enough; it says assess so I leave one mark at the end for judgment. Then 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages would suffice.

They could ask you a 7 marker on acid-base theories I reckon. And also Haber process.