Administration > AN Community Lounge

[Ask Me Anything] #3: jamonwindeyer

(1/10) > >>

Joseph41:
An overview of the AN AMA series can be found here
Instalment #1 of the series with Orb can be found here
Instalment #2 of the series with vox nihili can be found here

Welcome to the third instalment of ATAR Notes' Ask Me Anything series! How does it work? Basically, each week (roughly), you'll have the opportunity to ask a different user whatever you want! School-related, uni-related, favourite-Bachelor-contestant-related, life-related, sport-related, *whatever-you-want*-related. The potential benefits are many, the potential downfalls are few.

Next up we have (pretend it's not in the thread title)...

jamonwindeyer.

My early pick for the AN MVP 2016! More:

--- Quote from: jamonwindeyer ---Hey! My name's Jamon, I'm a second year Electrical Engineering Student at UNSW! Beyond the obvious circuit stuff,  I've done a whole bunch of math and physics at university, and a LOT of coding (really want to actually use it for something interesting outside my degree one of these days). I work as a private tutor as well as doing lecturing/content marketing for ATAR Notes ;D I'm into everything technological and I spend way too much time on Youtube. At school I did a pretty weird mix of subjects: English, Math, Legal Studies, Physics, Music and Studies of Religion. Not much for sport, but I'll watch League if it's on (League > AFL, sorry Melbournians). Oh, and of course, love long walks on the beach. That's super important :)
--- End quote ---

So, over to you! :) Try not to flame him *too* much for not being Victorian.

Calebark:
Hey - thanks for doing this, despite not being from NSWlucky me , I always see you pop up to help people on the forums.

Anyway, what is your favourite thing to watch on YouTube, and what's the worst thing you've stumbled onto on YouTube?

vox nihili:
Is it hard living in Australia's second most liveable city?

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: Calebark on August 25, 2016, 11:54:21 am ---Hey - thanks for doing this, despite not being from NSWlucky me , I always see you pop up to help people on the forums.

Anyway, what is your favourite thing to watch on YouTube, and what's the worst thing you've stumbled onto on YouTube?

--- End quote ---

Hey! Thanks for saying so ;D

Hmm, I suppose it depends what I'm in the mood for. If I need something mindless in the background/corner, I don't mind some gaming videos (NerdCubed probably being my favourite). I keep up with all the tech news with CNET, and call me a nerd, but I do love V-Sauce ;D besides that any music/news etc that tickles my fancy.

I've stumbled on some weird/bad stuff, but what took me most by surprise was probably Happy Tree Friends (WARNING: Cartoon violence). It escalates very quickly... Probably not the worst thing, but the most unexpected thing :P

--- Quote from: vox nihili on August 25, 2016, 11:55:41 am ---Is it hard living in Australia's second most liveable city?

--- End quote ---

I even live 1.5 hours away from Australia's second most liveable city, so downgrade me further ;)

Sydney is great though, in different ways than Melbourne I think (only been to Melbourne twice, seems way more chill...)

brenden:
Jamon, you achieved a near-perfect ATAR despite living in basically rural West Sydney and going to a low-tier school, and you've spoken before about how volunteers of the Law/Med faculties would become disinterested in you at uni Open Days after hearing where you were from... Can you talk a little bit about any self-doubts you may or may not have experienced through Year 12 and what it was like for you aiming so high despite having the 'odds' seemingly stacked against you?

What advice do you have for people in a similar situation who may be experiencing some of the things you did?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version