Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:48:16 pm

Author Topic: [Ask Me Anything] #3: jamonwindeyer  (Read 21544 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: [Ask Me Anything] #3: jamonwindeyer
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »
If you had to permaban one natmod who would it be? #beef :P

Is there any way I can respond to this without getting in trouble? ;)

Hmm, well let's do this logically. The NSW Natmods know where I live, so not banning them. Maybe the Victorian natmod with the lowest post count (whoever that is, I assume no responsibility) ;)

Edit: Can I permaban Brenden or would that be inappropriate? ;)

vox nihili

• National Moderator
  • Respect: +1447
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 11:49:54 pm »
+1
If you had to permaban one natmod who would it be? #beef :P

I know my AMA is over, but if I were hypothetically put this question, I'd ban jamonwindeyer for what has to be the biggest cop out of the century (see above ^) ;)

srs question though. Someone asked earlier about league and union, and which was better. Controversial, but do you also labour under the delusion that rugby league is somehow more appealing than this nation's great sport, AFL, or are you of sound mind?
Just interested to hear your views, I'm not really biased in any way.
2013-15: BBiomed (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology), UniMelb
2016-20: MD, UniMelb
2019-20: MPH, UniMelb
2021-: GDipBiostat, USyd

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:16 am »
I know my AMA is over, but if I were hypothetically put this question, I'd ban jamonwindeyer for what has to be the biggest cop out of the century (see above ^) ;)

srs question though. Someone asked earlier about league and union, and which was better. Controversial, but do you also labour under the delusion that rugby league is somehow more appealing than this nation's great sport, AFL, or are you of sound mind?
Just interested to hear your views, I'm not really biased in any way.

I'm a political mastermind :P

I've never been into AFL, probably partly due to living in NSW, it just isn't my thing. NRL will always be better to me ;D

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 07:54:34 pm »
Hmm, I probably spent between 20-30 hours extra time doing school work during an average week (during term). That was homework, assignments, and study (it was about 2-3 hours a night during the week and then about 5-6 hours per day on weekends, something like that). Not much of that was Youtube filled, but if I'm doing easy homework then yeah I might have had a video on in the background :) In September and October, I did 9 hours a day fairly consistently (3 past papers per day was always my goal). I was a bit nuts ;)

Studied at my desk almost all of the time, sometimes I'd relax and go out to the Kitchen table or even just sit on the lounge while writing notes, or whatever. Never went to the Library much, though when I did, it was actually really good. Maybe I should have done it more often ;D

I've written heaps about the ways I studied, I tried so many I barely remember them all. Past papers heaps. Writing study notes. Recording video lessons to myself (which I dropped off later in the year, but they worked really well while I had the time, I wish I kept them going). Lots and lots of stuff, but in the HSC period it was all practice papers. It did suck a bit at times, but I was motivated to succeed, it got me through ;D

Another reason why VCE Science is way better than HSC Science: At least until the syllabus changes in 2019 ;)

Thanks for this some good quality feedback from a NSW HSC All rounder.

A less serious question now: what colour is the dress? Lol jks

What is the one celebrity you would not want to be stuck in a lift with? (My answer is without a doubt Ellen :D)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 08:00:09 pm »
Thanks for this some good quality feedback from a NSW HSC All rounder.

A less serious question now: what colour is the dress? Lol jks

What is the one celebrity you would not want to be stuck in a lift with? (My answer is without a doubt Ellen :D)

Are you serious? Ellen is awesome!! Why not? ;D

Hmmmm, probably... Kim Kardashian. She drives me nuts  :-\

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 08:21:51 pm »
Are you serious? Ellen is awesome!! Why not? ;D

True true! Have you happened to see "Ellen gets stuck in a lift" or something like that on ellentube/youtube? Omg would not that to happen to me, she majorly stresses about the chains breaking and all that — exactly what you dont want to hear when you are stranded in a lift :D

melprocrastinator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 06:34:17 pm »

Ahaha i find Kim Kardashian hilarious, and i feel like she would be important enough for people to hurry getting us out of the lift :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:50:28 pm by jamonwindeyer »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 06:50:40 pm »
Ahaha i find Kim Kardashian hilarious, and i feel like she would be important enough for people to hurry getting us out of the lift :P

Ohhhhh, clever clever! ;)

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2016, 12:21:59 am »
Has the Co Op program been good to you and how many people do you think gets in?
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2016, 11:37:00 am »
+1
Has the Co Op program been good to you and how many people do you think gets in?

Coop Program has been great to me! It is a big commitment for sure, and sometimes losing your summer holidays isn't the best thing in the world, but the experiences and the networking is massively worth it! :)

I know that out of 20 people who interviewed for Electrical Engineering, 4 got positions, but other streams and programs were more interviews and/or less acceptances. Totally depends on the amount of sponsors in that area. I know that in total, there are less than 100 Coops in my year, and that many more than that were interviewed. I'm not sure how many people applied, but I'd wager only a small fraction got through to the interview stage :)

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2016, 12:04:37 pm »
Coop Program has been great to me! It is a big commitment for sure, and sometimes losing your summer holidays isn't the best thing in the world, but the experiences and the networking is massively worth it! :)

I know that out of 20 people who interviewed for Electrical Engineering, 4 got positions, but other streams and programs were more interviews and/or less acceptances. Totally depends on the amount of sponsors in that area. I know that in total, there are less than 100 Coops in my year, and that many more than that were interviewed. I'm not sure how many people applied, but I'd wager only a small fraction got through to the interview stage :)

Do you remember what kind of interview questions they asked you? I applied for CO Op aswell!!!
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2016, 01:14:12 pm »
Do you remember what kind of interview questions they asked you? I applied for CO Op aswell!!!

Super cool! It was a lot of the typical stuff (why do you want to be in this program, why are you applying for this course, how long have you been interested, etc), they asked me stuff about my results (they were surprised my Extension class was so small), the rest was personal quality stuff and asking about things in my application (Part time job was a big one, given that it is a Coop scholarship that makes sense) ;D

I chat a bit about the interviews here, if it interests you! ;D

nibblez16

• Forum Regular
  • School: Liverpool Girls
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:22 pm »
Hello. How what you have spent your day a week before HSC starts?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 12:39:59 pm »
Hello. How what you have spent your day a week before HSC starts?

Hey hey! In the entire HSC period I did 3 past papers a day; one in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the evening. Right now I'd probably be having my lunch break though!! ;D

Rathin

• Trendsetter
  • Arthur Phillip High School
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 03:51:39 pm »
I have two questions to ask you.
How do you recover mentally from a bad 1st term of yr 12 (well only maths..which is 4 units/12)?
Is aiming for a high atar a bad thing? I have a feeling that aiming too high and not achieving it would lead to a disappointment..and aiming too high can possibly seem a guaranteed disappointment.

Mod Edit (Jamon): Restored on request, happy to answer this last question :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:37:08 pm by jamonwindeyer »
2017 HSC
4u | 3u | Physics | Biology | Adv Eng | PDHPE