Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 06:10:15 pm

Author Topic: Studying For Business Studies  (Read 1691 times)  Share 

Nialllovespie

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Studying For Business Studies
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:16:09 am »

Are palm cards an effective study technique for business studies? I've found them very helpful with Biology but I don't want to implement this study technique if it isn't as effective for biz studies. Especially as they have ages to write out ...Thank you!!

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
Re: Studying For Business Studies
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:12:02 am »

Are palm cards an effective study technique for business studies? I've found them very helpful with Biology but I don't want to implement this study technique if it isn't as effective for biz studies. Especially as they have ages to write out ...Thank you!!

Hey Nialllovespie,

Whilst there are many ways to study for each subject, there is no correct way to study. Instead, I think you should do whatever method of study suits you. So if you did find that palm cards helped with biology, then this may be an effective study technique for you to use. Since there is not much higher order thinking, palm cards could potentially be quite useful to memorise large sections of the syllabus.

In saying this, it is quite close to the exam and if it did take you a long time to write out bio ones; I suggest doing firstly looking at the syllabus and doing a few past papers; and jotting down the areas that you don't feel completely 100% comfortable with. Then make palm cards on these areas, instead of the whole syllabus. But by all means, it is up to you :)

Hope this helps :D
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW