Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:16 am

Author Topic: LEADERSHIP IN A TECHNOLOGICAL ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM (monash)  (Read 2436 times)  Share 

avogarbro

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
LEADERSHIP IN A TECHNOLOGICAL ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM (monash)
« on: February 06, 2008, 03:44:13 pm »
Has anyone else received an e-mail inviting them to an "Induction Residential" at Mt Eliza, taking place on 15th, 16th, 17th February 2008? I don't know how i got into this program in the first place since i didn't even apply for it or receive a engineering excellence award. Here is some info on it:

"The Leadership Program is one component in the Faculty's strategy to challenge its brightest students while also giving them an edge in their future options.
The need for such a Program was conceived out of frequent industry observations that while young Australian engineers displayed the requisite professional technical skills, other qualitative skills, particularly in leadership roles, were often lacking. In today's dynamic environment, good leaders are critical for dealing with uncertainty and leading change.
The Leadership Program starts in Year 1 of your course (for most participants) and continues for three years. It is offered in the main as a mix of workshops and seminars through the three years based on the nine topics listed below:
Year 1   Year 2   Year 3
1. What is Leadership?   4. Sustainability in Society   7. Change management
2. Communication skills   5. Ethics   8. Innovation and entrepreneurship
3. Critical thinking and problem- solving    6. People skills   9. Globalisation"

Overall it seems like a worthwhile experience.

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
Re: LEADERSHIP IN A TECHNOLOGICAL ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM (monash)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 03:46:05 pm »
Yeah, Leadership in a Technological Environment Program (AKA nerd camp) sounds awesome! :P

See ya there! :D

avogarbro

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 03:54:09 pm »
I think the engineering faculty went overboard with the naming of this program. Anyways isn't this program suppose to make us better leaders, communicators with less emphasis on the academic side on engineering.

Matt89

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 04:18:17 pm »
I'm in the program, but im not going to the camp. I've got a wedding on the weekend. And TBH, the camp doesnt sound like that much fun either

Ninox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • vive le science!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:13:25 pm »
I'm an Eng Ex Award winner, but I wont be attending the camp because my school's 90+'s assembly is on the same day. Didnt the email also say that you cant participate in the program for the rest of the year because the camp was supposedly so crucial?
Atm I'll defer participating till next year, which is fine with me. The program runs for 3yrs, my course runs for 5yrs. So it should be alright.
enwiabe, is aidansteele going as well?
2006: Engineering Studies 45 (Premier's Award), Religion and Societies 39
2007: Methods 45, Spesh 46, Chem 50, Physics 41, Literature 39, MUEP Maths 5.5
ENTER: 99.60
Science/Engineering @ Monash; Mat'ls Eng; Chem, Physiology?

aidansteele

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 06:45:40 am »
Yeah, I'm going - looks like awesome fun. (:P) In all seriousness, it should be interesting!
VTAC Offer Combubulator! - See who is doing your course - http://aidans.org/offers/

Ninox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • vive le science!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 04:54:50 pm »
Yeah, I'm going - looks like awesome fun. (:P) In all seriousness, it should be interesting!

i actually agree with you! Leadership camps FTW  ;D
2006: Engineering Studies 45 (Premier's Award), Religion and Societies 39
2007: Methods 45, Spesh 46, Chem 50, Physics 41, Literature 39, MUEP Maths 5.5
ENTER: 99.60
Science/Engineering @ Monash; Mat'ls Eng; Chem, Physiology?