Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:25:22 pm

Author Topic: Drama exam??!  (Read 3685 times)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
Drama exam??!
« on: November 03, 2016, 05:04:22 pm »
How did people find it? I actually thought it was really decent! Particularly for Multi-Discipline Theatre.
I feel like no one who does drama is on ATAR notes haha, but if you are hiding somewhere I'm super interested to know your thoughts!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
Re: Drama exam??!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:08:40 pm »
How did people find it? I actually thought it was really decent! Particularly for Multi-Discipline Theatre.
I feel like no one who does drama is on ATAR notes haha, but if you are hiding somewhere I'm super interested to know your thoughts!
there's surely got to be ONE lurker. Out of interest, do you do performance exams in HSC Drama?
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:16:26 pm »
there's surely got to be ONE lurker. Out of interest, do you do performance exams in HSC Drama?
Hopefully! and Yes! 60% practical, 40% theory.
So 60% is a basically two major works that equal 30%, a group performance which you devise from scratch and an individual project which can be a range of things like a monologue, costume/set design, script, critical essay, promotion etc (I did a short film :) ). But they were both finished ages ago, like a week after trials! We just had the essays today :)

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:18:07 pm »
Hopefully! and Yes! 60% practical, 40% theory.
So 60% is a basically two major works that equal 30%, a group performance which you devise from scratch and an individual project which can be a range of things like a monologue, costume/set design, script, critical essay, promotion etc (I did a short film :) ). But they were both finished ages ago, like a week after trials! We just had the essays today :)
Sounds like a super cool subject. (I did Theatre Studies in VCE so personal interest). Do you feel confident with your performance/short film?

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 05:24:31 pm »
Sounds like a super cool subject. (I did Theatre Studies in VCE so personal interest). Do you feel confident with your performance/short film?
Yeah it is cool! Only annoying thing is it has such a bad rep as a "bludge subject" when in reality I've never experience a more work heavy subject in my life! It's basically a 3 unit subject with only 2 units of credit :( Is that the same with the VCE?
I am pretty confident in our group performance because the markers and our teacher seemed really happy after it. I'm fairly confident about my film :) I liked the finished product however it was just such a big task that there were little things that I didn't have enough time to add, plus hella stressful because I had such a massive cast who couldn't seem to comprehend that it was actually for my HSC haha. But overall I'm happy with how everything worked out :)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 05:31:28 pm »
Yeah it is cool! Only annoying thing is it has such a bad rep as a "bludge subject" when in reality I've never experience a more work heavy subject in my life! It's basically a 3 unit subject with only 2 units of credit :( Is that the same with the VCE?
I am pretty confident in our group performance because the markers and our teacher seemed really happy after it. I'm fairly confident about my film :) I liked the finished product however it was just such a big task that there were little things that I didn't have enough time to add, plus hella stressful because I had such a massive cast who couldn't seem to comprehend that it was actually for my HSC haha. But overall I'm happy with how everything worked out :)
Yeah in VCE you've got like a group performance assessment - a play or whatever, then a monologue performance exam, then a written exam (as well as an internally marked folio based around the group performance) so it ends up like, a pretty heavy workload if you try to do a good job in it haha. Anyone who says performance is easy has clearly never memorised a 60 page script.

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 05:39:53 pm »
Yeah in VCE you've got like a group performance assessment - a play or whatever, then a monologue performance exam, then a written exam (as well as an internally marked folio based around the group performance) so it ends up like, a pretty heavy workload if you try to do a good job in it haha. Anyone who says performance is easy has clearly never memorised a 60 page script.
Yeah that pretty much sounds the same as us :) I know a lot of people who picked it up thinking it was going to be a bludge and then got a pretty rude shock when they realised that we had over 15 assessment tasks in just one year! In year 11 we did a whole ticketed production to Mnemonic by Theatre De Complicte which was so awesome, except I had lines in three different languages and had to keep switching between them haha which was a challenge :) I'm so glad I picked this subject though even though its been so hard, will definately help later on with uni! (hoping to do Media Arts and Production at UTS)

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 05:44:06 pm »
Yeah that pretty much sounds the same as us :) I know a lot of people who picked it up thinking it was going to be a bludge and then got a pretty rude shock when they realised that we had over 15 assessment tasks in just one year! In year 11 we did a whole ticketed production to Mnemonic by Theatre De Complicte which was so awesome, except I had lines in three different languages and had to keep switching between them haha which was a challenge :) I'm so glad I picked this subject though even though its been so hard, will definitely help later on with uni! (hoping to do Media Arts and Production at UTS)

You might be the most multi talented person on the forums. What three languages do you speak?
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 05:49:45 pm »
You might be the most multi talented person on the forums. What three languages do you speak?
Hahaha thank you but I'm sure that's not true, seen so many amazing people on here already! Really inspiring forum :)
Hahaha one of those languages was english so I don't think that really counts ;)
I can speak (basic) french because a lot of my family lives there so that helped since most of the lines were in French, and then I had a bunch in German which was completely new to me haha. But yeah it wasn't so much learning the lines that was tricky because I just used google translate to work out the phoenetics and memorise that, more the switching between them because I'd often have to switch it halfway through a sentence, which was why everyone was saying I spoke German with a french accent hahaha