Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:49:03 pm

Author Topic: Question about SA University Scholarship for International Student  (Read 633 times)  Share 

karrystare

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hi, As the title said I'm an international student and I'm going to enroll in year 11. Because My familiy isn't rich at all as my parents can only afford to pay for me year 11 and 12. So I want to ask that if I get a high ATAR rank like 97+ can I go to university for free? Cause University in my Country like that and i can't find anything about that online.

• Forum Leader
  • socratic junkie wannabe
  • Respect: +341
Re: Question about SA University Scholarship for International Student
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 06:41:09 pm »
Do you plan on getting an Australian citizenship? If so, I believe you'll be eligible for HECS-Help, which is a government scheme that lets you defer all of your university fees until you are working and earning above a certain threshold. This is what many domestic university students do, because otherwise tertiary education would not be accessible to them. If you haven't heard of it before, I'd recommend you talk to your parents/school about it.

There are some very hefty scholarships available for high-achieving students, but because of the sheer difficulty of getting them, I wouldn't get your heart set on being offered them. General examples aren't that helpful here, as it depends a lot on which university you want to go to. If you google an university's name and 'scholarships' you might find some more info there.

Good luck!
2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Neuroscience), The University of Melbourne
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

karrystare

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Question about SA University Scholarship for International Student
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:44:05 am »
Hi, I have searched for the Australian Citizenship you said, it says that I must live in Australia for the last four years, including the last 12 months as a permanent resident. But I just came to Australia in July so from 2016 to the year that i'm going to enroll in university which is 2019 is only 3 year. So that mean I can't be Australian Citizenship until I finish the third year of university